Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
• Highly toxic
• Released into the atmosphere from coal
• In water it may be consumed by fish
• It has also recently been found to affect birds which feed on 1
Research on effects of mercury or binds
• Claire Varian-Ramos is investigating
- the effects on birds’ 2 or mental processes, e.g. memory
- the effects on bird song (usually learned from a bird’s 3 )
- songs learned by birds exposed to mercury are less 4
- this may have a negative effect on birds’ 5
• Lab-based studies:
- allow more 6 for the experimenter
Implications for humans
• Migrating birds such as 7 containing mercury may be eaten by humans
• Mercury also causes problems in learning 8
• Mercury in a mother’s body from 9 may affect the unborn child
• New regulations for mercury emissions will affect everyone’s energy 10
Please Submit to view your score, solution and explanations.
Found a mistake? Let us know!
* This window is to review your answers only, you cannot change the answers in here
Please descibe the mistake as details as possible along with your expected correction, leave your email so we can contact with you when needed.
Describe what is wrong with the practice test:
Please enter description
Enter your name:
Enter your email address:
Please enter a valid email