Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Past research focused on noise level (measured in decibels) and people’s responses.
• show that the highest noise levels are usually found on roads
• do not show other sources of noise, e.g. when windows are open or people’s neighbours are in their 1
• ignore variations in people’s perceptions of noise
• have made people realize that the noise is a 2 issue that must be dealt with
Problems caused by noise
• sleep disturbance
• increase in amount of stress
• effect on the 3 of schoolchildren
Different types of noise
Some noises can be considered pleasant e.g. the sound of a 4 in a town
To investigate this, researchers may use methods from 5 sciences e.g. questionnaires
What people want
Plenty of activity in urban environments which are 6 , but also allow people to relax
But architects and town planners
• do not get much 7 in acoustics
• regard sound as the responsibility of engineers
Understanding sound as an art form
We need to know
• how sound relates to 8
• what can be learnt from psychology about the effects of sound
• whether physics can help us understand the 9 of sound
Virtual reality programs
• advantage: predict the effect of buildings
• current disadvantage: they are 10
Please Submit to view your score, solution and explanations.
Found a mistake? Let us know!
* This window is to review your answers only, you cannot change the answers in here
Please descibe the mistake as details as possible along with your expected correction, leave your email so we can contact with you when needed.
Describe what is wrong with the practice test:
Please enter description
Enter your name:
Enter your email address:
Please enter a valid email