Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
• Claims that 13% of C02 in the atmosphere could be absorbed by agricultural soils
• Erosion is more likely in soil that is 1
• Lal found soil in Africa that was very 2
• It was suggested that carbon from soil was entering the atmosphere
Soil and carbon:
• plants turn C02 from the air into carbon-based substances such as 3
• some C02 moves from the 4 of plants to microbes in the soil
• carbon was lost from the soil when agriculture was invented
• uses established practices to make sure soil remains fertile and 5
• e.g. through year-round planting and increasing the 6 plants that are grown
• taking place on a big 7 farm
• uses compost made from waste from agriculture and 8
• aims to increase soil carbon by using 9 that are always green
Future developments may include:
• reducing the amount of fertilizer used in farming
• giving farmers 10 for carbon storage, as well as their produce
Please Submit to view your score, solution and explanations.
Found a mistake? Let us know!
* This window is to review your answers only, you cannot change the answers in here
Please descibe the mistake as details as possible along with your expected correction, leave your email so we can contact with you when needed.
Describe what is wrong with the practice test:
Please enter description
Enter your name:
Enter your email address:
Please enter a valid email