Solution for: Bingham Regional College

Answer Table

1. TRUE 4. TRUE
2. TRUE 5. FALSE
3. NOT GIVEN 6. FALSE

Found a mistake? Let us know!

Share this Practice Test

Exam Review

Bingham Regional College

International Students' Orientation Programme

What is it?
It is a course which will introduce you to the College and to Bingham. It takes place in the week before term starts, from 24th - 28th September inclusive, but you should plan to arrive in Bingham on the 22nd or 23rd September.

Why do we think it is important?
We want you to have the best possible start to your studies and you need to find out about all the opportunities that college life offers. This programme aims to help you do just that. It will enable you to get to know the College, its facilities and services. You will also have the chance to meet staff and students.

How much will it cost?
International students (non-European Union students)
For those students who do not come from European Union (EU) countries, and who are not used to European culture and customs, the programme is very important and you are strongly advised to attend. Because of this, the cost of the programme, exclusive of accommodation, is built into your tuition fees.

EU students
EU students are welcome to take part in this programme for a fee of £195, exclusive of accommodation. Fees are not refundable.

Accommodation costs (international and EU students)
If you have booked accommodation for the year ahead (41 weeks) through the College in one of the College residences (Cambourne House, Hanley House, the Student Village or a College shared house), you do not have to pay extra for accommodation during the Orientation programme. If you have not booked accommodation in the College residences, you can ask us to pre-book accommodation for you for one week only (Orientation Programme week) in a hotel with other international students. The cost of accommodation for one week is approximately £165. Alternatively, you can arrange your own accommodation for that week in a flat, with friends or a local family.

What is included during the programme?
Meals: lunch and an evening meal are provided as part of the programme, beginning with supper on Sunday 23rd September and finishing with lunch at midday on Friday 28th September. Please note that breakfast is not available.

Information sessions: including such topics as accommodation, health, religious matters, welfare, immigration, study skills, careers and other 'essential information'.

Social activities: including a welcome buffet and a half-day excursion round Bingham.

Transport: between your accommodation and the main College campus, where activities will take place.

Questions 1-6

Do the following statements agree with the information given in the reading passage.

In boxes 1-6 on your answer sheet, write

TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
  FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
  NOT GIVEN iif there is no information on this

1 Participants are advised to arrive one or two days early.  
Answer: TRUE    Locate
2 The cost of the programme for European Union students, excluding accommodation, is £195.
Answer: TRUE    Locate
3 The number of places available is strictly limited.  
Answer: NOT GIVEN
4 Some students are not charged extra for accommodation during the programme.  
Answer: TRUE    Locate
5 The College will arrange accommodation with local families.  
Answer: FALSE    Locate
6 You can obtain breakfast at the College for an extra charge.
Answer: FALSE    Locate

Other Tests