Solution for: Student Accommodation

Answer Table

1. C 5. B
2. A 6. D
3. D 7. C
4. E

Found a mistake? Let us know!

Share this Practice Test

Exam Review

Student Accommodation

The College offers five basic accommodation options. Here is some information to help you make your choice
A CAMBOURNE HOUSE - self-catering, student residence, located in the town centre about 2 miles from the main College campus. Up to 499 students live in 6, 7 and 8 bedroom flats, all with en-suite shower rooms. Rent is £64 per week, including bills (not telephone). Broadband Internet connections and telephones, with communal kitchen/dining and lounge areas. Parking space is available, with permits costing £60 per term.
B STUDENT VILLAGE - features 3, 4, 5 and 7 bedroom, self-catering shared houses for 250 students close to the main College campus. Rent is £60 per week inclusive of bills (except telephone). Parking is available with permits costing £90 for the academic year.
C HANLEY HOUSE - a second, modern, self-catering residence in the town centre for 152 students. Eighteen rooms per floor with communal kitchens, lounges, bathrooms and toilets. Rent is £53 per week including bills (not telephone). There is no space for parking nearby.
D GLENCARRICK HOUSE - a privately-owned and managed student residence in the town centre above a multi-storey car park, close to a major nightclub and housing 120 students. Rooms are allocated by the College Accommodation Service. Rents range from £58.50 to £68.50 for a single en-suite room or larger en-suite room respectively. A small extra charge is made for electricity.
E HOUSE SHARES - this recent initiative is a range of shared houses for 140 students, conforming to standards set by us to meet all legal safety requirements. A room in a shared house costs between £45 and £55 per week, exclusive of bills, and will be within a 4-mile radius of both campuses. As with halls of residence, the rent is payable termly.

Questions 1-7

Look at the accommodation options A-E on the reading passage.

For which options are the following statements true?

Write the correct letter A-E in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet.

NB You may use any letter more than once.

1 This is possibly inconvenient for car owners.  
Answer: C    Locate

2 This is best if you like surfing the Web.
Answer: A    Locate

3 Of the College residences, this has the fewest students.  
Answer: D    Locate

4 This is a new option offered by the College.  
Answer: E    Locate

5 You have to organise parking a year at a time.  
Answer: B    Locate

6 This accommodation does not belong to the College.  
Answer: D    Locate

7 Here you definitely do not have your own bathroom.  
Answer: C    Locate

Other Tests